Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Skirts vs. Shorts, Lumberjacks vs. Flintstones

Currently, there is an uproar of controversy taking place on the Woman Scorned email list serve battlefield. The following are serious topics, that require great analysis and thought:

#1: Skirts versus Shorts

In the beginning, there was Woman Scorned. It consisted of A LOT of BA ladies! They wore yellow T-shirts with a circular logo on the back and played ultimate outdoors, where they lay out D'd opponents and skied the dudes who dared to play with them. No words can describe the glory that was beholden when they laid out for discs. Their skirts captured the true beauty as they flowed in the wind.

As the years went on, Woman Scorned progressed as a team and new players entered the scene. New jerseys (made of read jersey) were created and ladies began to sport different styles of skirts.

The flowy skirt:

The wrap-around skirt:

The Short skirt:

The athletic skirt:

The long skirt:

The pink skirt:

The boxer skirt:
-Cy skirt:
-kisses skirt:
-The penguin skirt
-black nationals skirt:
-The leopard skirt:

So now we question whether we should wear skirts or shorts? So we need to weigh our options!

Pro's:
1. You look so damn good!
2. Can change pretty much everything on your bottom half w/o full exposure
3. layouts look real pretty
4. We are ladies!
5. show a little more leg
6. Get to see Tai or Dersch's undies when they layout D you
7. FOUNDATIONS!
8. Boxer shorts provide cheap and cute skirts
9. ventilation
10. show off your curves
11. This isn't on your conscience: "Don't you know that little tears from Derscheid dripping to the ground will cause you pain and cause your children pain and cause your children's children pain?"


When I think unnatural, I think this:























Basically, what do I have to day about shorts?
...Gross! Let's wear skirts! embrace our femininity! Embrace our roots! Vote skirts today!!!

ok, now on to a more pressing, but less controversial issue.

#2: Lumberjacks versus Flintstones

Not to worry Fool's Fest fanatics! Woman Scorned will be coming well prepared to Lawrence this weekend-as always. The anticipation and excitement of the weekend has brought practice numbers to an all time high and even pulled people from as far as Scotland to join in on the frisbee fun. While our field costume theme has been long ago decided and dibbs have been placed on each individual's role, we are on the brink of our party costume decision. The guidelines for Scorned's game plan is simple: Think of something that will show off our hot bods, but is functional for the field costume. Choose something that is a little slutty, shows more skin, and is awesome for the party.

I know you all really want to know what our field costumes are, but I am sorry. You will have to wait and find out. As far as the party costumes, that is still TBD. So what do you think?

Slutty lumberjacks?

Here are the texts I received to try to convince me:

"What about lumberjacks for the party?"-Hoistad
"ok, we have sooo many lumberjack/wood innuendos. Come on." -Magic
"Give me some ideas. Convince me-I'm still indecisive."-Me
"It's always a good time to work with some wood. Where's the crapper, I need to drop off some timber. I like my wood the best in the morning."-Magic
"How does that translate to looking slutty and awesome at the party?"-Me
"Wear a plaid shirt. Don't button it. wear suspenders. wear Daisy Dukes."-Magic
"Yeah true. See what the team thinks, I'm down."-Me

Flintstones?

Come on, just look at the amount of skin we can show!

...on second glance, they really don't show that much skin...

Disney fairy princesses? (or something like that?)

I was thrown out there, but I am just don't know if that idea is going to pass.

We did sprints all year to look good for this party. Tai pushed us past the point of looking good, to looking AMAZING so that we would be prepared to look good for this party (and be awesome on the field as a secondary benefit)! Now is the moment. Now is when we need to shine! Vote wisely my dear friends, we are on the verge of greatness!

-Definitely the thoughts and opinions of Lindsey Gapstur (with a few add in from other influential individuals)

1 comment:

  1. Here is one of my main Ultimate skirt arguments: I have played a lot of sports with many different uniforms. The ONLY one I've ever played in a skirt is Ultimate. When I put that skirt on, I know that I am not just working out or tossing around- it's business time. The big mental switch for me came when I quit wearing shorts under the skirt- sweet, sweet freedom & a totally different feel. If you aren't sold on the skirt idea, try it without the undershorts. It may just change your life.

    My second argument is why am I trying to look so bad-ass? I AM bad ass! Isn't it that much more of an "in your face" D when they see your underpants? Uh, yeah, I am wearing a skirt, looking cute, AND owning you. That's just my style.

    Maybe it is because I played with guys & didn't want them to forget I was a girl- it was easy for them to remember my first year because I was so bad, but I started to contribute about the time I started wearing skirts. Coincidence? I think not.

    My final argument is complete vanity. I look like crap in shorts & already look bad enough. Skirts capture the curve of my sprint-hard bottom without making me look like a man (again, with the "already enough of a problem"). For those that have seen my array of skirts, you'll know this is secondary- I have some seriously unflattering and ugly skirts, but they get the job done of putting me in the right mindset to step on the field and play some serious disc.

    ReplyDelete