Wednesday, October 9, 2013

HS Centrals Coming to AMES!!!!


Woman Scorned along with ISUC, the Des Moines ultimate community, and the city of Ames are so excited to be hosting the 2014 High School Centrals tournament.  Thanks to a lot of hard work by many different people we are able to bring hundreds of youth ultimate players and their families to Iowa State to compete for a regional HS title during a weekend in May.

I have some extra excitement to be apart of bringing this tournament to my new home. I know how this tournament inspires young players, mostly because I was inspired by this tournament during my HS ultimate years. Formerly Westerns/Easterns this tournament was my first exposure to a bigger USAU (then UPA) event.  I could go on and on about my first time going (2007) and how we brought 10 players and lost every game. I could also go on about how 2 years later (2009)  my team got third place,  surprising even ourselves . This tournament pushed our players and our program to get better.  I can still put myself on that field before the finals in 2010 feeling like all my hard work over the past 5 years had paid off. 

This tournament IS THE NATIONALS of high school. It doesn’t get any bigger or better than this. You can bet that this tournament is going to be one these young players will never forget, and hopefully the one that inspires young players to be the best they can. 

A lot of buzz about bubble wands in the player packs... 

No comments:

Post a Comment