Wednesday, November 27, 2013

WS 2014: Spunk and Spirit


That time of the year is here, Nationals 2014 has been announced, WS tournament schedule has been set, and plans are in the works to make this the best woman scorned season yet.

I have said it before, and I am sure I will say it again but each year, each team is different. Each team needs to make its own goals, and figure out its own way to achieve those goals. It is not about what we did last year, and it definitely is not about what role you played last year. I have already seen how each player on the WS 2014 team has grown. Our juniors and sophomores worked so hard over the summer, from pickup to summer league to club, they put in the work needed to improve both their skills and confidence. I have no doubt these players will continue working hard and fill the very large roles needed.

If possible I would say this team has more spunk and spirit than any WS team before. All our rookies and new players have the drive and aggressiveness that has already carried through to their play on the field, and their work ethic at practice. I have already been inspired by our rookie class. I can not wait to get to know them better, and to be able to call them my best friends, as I can with all my teammates. Rookies if you thought the fall was fun, wait for the spring.  It is more work, more joy, more time together, more time for the magic of this team to happen.

Lets push each other to make this season the best.

Under WS 2014 Leadership:
Coaches : Kevin Seiler, Magon Liu
Captains: Cami, Janani, Pesch 

You will be able to see us at the following tournaments 

Feb 8-9 Queen City Tune Up (Charlotte NC)
March 1-2 Midwest Throwdown (St. Louis MO)
March 22-23 Woman's College Centex (Austin TX)
TBA  Fools Fest (Lawrence KS)
College Series


If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. - African Proverb

-<3 Cami #16
---- fatty numba five

No comments:

Post a Comment