Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Once upon a time...

It's story time children.

I was talking to a friend of mine who had just tried out for the Junior World's team out in Seattle and she had an interesting conversation with a girl who was also trying out. Let's call her Neal. (And if you need a made-up last name too, we'll go with Freshmen.) Anyways, so my friend and Neal were talking about prospective schools that Neal was thinking of going to as she is a senior in high school. She obviously has her dream school (we all do), Cornell. And after that she spewed off some other great schools (which she had based on their great ultimate repertoire) Washington University, University of Oregon (drool) and last but not least...Iowa State University.

My friend stopped her and said "wait, did you just say Iowa State?" Neal replied "yeah". Apparently, she's heard of our great ultimate record and is a school that has piqued her interest.

Can any of you even wrap your minds around this? Because I still can't. To think of how well we play can affect a person's future/one of the most important decisions in their entire life is just mind blowing. I mean I won't deny it, I picked ISU for its ultimate (as well as the free ride...minority power) but Woman Scorned had been family since my wee middle school days. I love Woman Scorned and love how deep my roots go with it and I'm ready to FSU with them now and forever.

A Woman Scorned for life
Mag #08

No comments:

Post a Comment